I am a very busy person and find it hard to meditate. I know it has many good benefits for me. but the moment I start meditating all sorts of unnecessary stuff enters my mind diverting me from my meditation routine. I cannot become still for long enough.
My new year’s resolution is to try and meditate if only for 5 minutes at a time, then longer, and even longer until I can reach my goal of about 1 hour. To meditate is good for our body and soul and here are some benefits:
- it improves our physical and emotional health
- it helps lower our blood pressure
- we have greater resistance to disease
- we are less stressful to challenging situations
- we have better work performance
- we have greater self-esteem
- we have more nourishing relationships
Let us all try and make meditation part of our daily routine, like eating and sleeping. I am going to try my best.