(Taken from the book : The Light Shall Set you Free by Dr. Norma Milanovich & Dr. Shirley McCune)
What is Faith?
Faith is the trust and conviction in a belief for which there is no proof.
What is the Purpose of Faith?
Faith is the Confidence in the Universal Laws and the Divine harmony of the universe.
To live happy and fulfilled live we need to build up our faith daily. But then our ego gets in the way and become so very powerful that it can prevent us from reaching our goals.
Some examples of where our ego intervenes are:
- Our need to control everything around us. Things can happens in your life that you have no control over and learning to have faith that things will get better or not bad, will make you a better, relaxing person.
- Materialism is another big problem that can wreck our lives.
We do not trust that the universe will provide for us, instead we gather as much money, food, clothes as we can.
Believe and trust in the Universe that you will have enough.
Then there are also egotistical attitudes that can work against our faith:
- You let your ego be in charge instead of your spirit.
- You fear and you dislike of what you receive. You are not happy with what is given to you and you want more, better.
- You belief that you are unworthy.
- You have feelings of scepticism.
- You doubt everything and everyone.
- You are in denial.
- You show feelings of distrust.
- You are suspicious of people around you. You cannot and do not want to just trust people.
- You question people’s goodwill.
- You feel rejected. You cannot open to people around you. You feel unloved because others do not give you the love and attention at a specific moment you want it.
- You have a general sense of fear – fear that you will fail, fear to love and not get love in return, and fear of the unknown.
There are techniques where we can align with our Higher Self to build up our faith – here are some examples:
- You need to overcome your fears and suspicions and the way to do this is to anchor the Light within yourself on a daily basis.
- Mediation can also help you attain faith in yourself and others.
- You need to recognize that there is a purpose in all things.
Affirmations can help us to build up our faith. Here are two that you may try, but there are many more – look them up and find one that will suit you.
- Let God’s will be done through me.
- I trust in God to show me the way.