Definition of forgiveness
It is letting go of judgment, resentment, or a claim against another. It is an abundant act.
What is the purpose of forgiveness?
It is unconditional love that absolves negative Karma and frees us and others.
Some behaviours and attitudes that are governed by the EGO and stops us in forgiving others:
- Holding judgment or anger toward another
- Inability to forgive yourself
- Blaming others and holding grudges
- Belief that if you forgive, you may lose control over others
- Desire to discredit, censure, accuse, or indict another
- Belief that if you forgive, you were wrong
- You have feelings of fear, anger and resentment
We can use some of the following techniques to align us with our Higher Self and to help us to forgive others:
- Breathe deeply, relax, and let the feeling go
- Allow the God force energy to flow through you
- Practise unconditional love
- Do not take another person’s words or actions personally
- Remain calm and balanced at all times.
Affirmations can also help us to practise forgiveness towards others:
- I forgive myself for…….
- I forgive ……. for …..
- I release all negative and limiting beliefs.