(Taken from the book : Power, Freedom and Grace by Deepak Chopra)
By using your senses, you can train your bodily rhythms to move with the Universal rhythms.
Sensory experience is taking in information from the Universe “outside” your body and matches it up with the information “inside” your body: the Universe within itself.
Here are examples of three of your senses that you can use to help you achieve a better bodily rhythm:
- Listen to music that you enjoy.
- Music influences your heart rate, your brain waves, your blood pressure, stomach contractions and the levels of hormones associated with stress.
- When listening to music, your body gives off endorphins, which are the body’s natural opiate’s (morphine-like) compounds.
- When you listen to music that you enjoy, your body generates healing neuropeptides.
- Any information that you take in through your eyes can influence your heart rate, blood pressure and stress hormones.
- To train your brain to think of beautiful things you can do the following: go into nature and experience it. Walk in a forest, look at the trees, animals, plants that grow in the forest. Walk on a beach and observe the ocean, look at a rainbow, walk through a beautiful flower garden.
- Your brain waves show distinct patterns when for instance you look at a beautiful nature scene than looking at a city scene or industrial area. Nature soothes your brain waves.
- Smell brings sensation into your body.
- The smell of flowers (for instance a rose) gives you a sense of harmony and joy.
- Certain aromas (the smell of freshly roasted coffee or baked bread), stimulate the body-mind where others smells will relax your body-mind for instance aromatherapy.