How often do you listen to some beautiful music and sing along? I think most of us that loves music do. Especially when it’s a catchy tune and you know the words.
Next time you listen to a song/piece of music, really LISTEN! Modern day music (R & B and hip hop etc.) do not really have the great sounds like classical/jazz/blues/soul music as it is too electronically performed.
You can recognize each instrument more clearly when you for instance listen to classical music:
Try and identify the instruments.
- Listen to each note.
- See the orchestra on the stage, performing.
- Listen with your heart, you soul.
Listening to good music can:
- Change your mood (from bad to good).
- It can relieve stress.
- Make you relax.
- Make people feel better when they are depressed.
- Make you happy.
- Alter your brain waves: Music can alter your brain wave pattern and so elevate your mood even after you stop listening to it (http://www.2knowmyself.com/Music_therapy/changing_your_mood_using_music_stress)
- Good music can help you concentrate.
- Various parts of the brain may be activated by a piece of music,’ says Dr Victoria Williamson, lecturer in psychology at Goldsmith’s College, London. ( Read more: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-living/wellbeing/health-benefits-of-music.htm#ixzz2VQw5nmz1|)
- It can help you be more active – when listening to it in the gym or while jogging or on the dance floor.
We have seen that music is really helpful and needed in our lives, for building up a healthy body. It is good for our souls and spiritual lives. It is a spiritual awakening when you listen to good music.
Let us know what your favourite type of music or song is.