I am a very busy person and find it hard to meditate. I know it has many good benefits for me. but the moment I start meditating all sorts of unnecessary stuff enters my mind diverting me from my meditation routine. I cannot become still for long enough.
My new year’s resolution is to try and meditate if only for 5 minutes at a time, then longer, and even longer until I can reach my goal of about 1 hour. To meditate is good for our body and soul and here are some benefits:
- it improves our physical and emotional health
- it helps lower our blood pressure
- we have greater resistance to disease
- we are less stressful to challenging situations
- we have better work performance
- we have greater self-esteem
- we have more nourishing relationships
Let us all try and make meditation part of our daily routine, like eating and sleeping. I am going to try my best.
When you have a conscious awareness of your soul, you experience everything as a miracle.
You feel happy.
Your life begins to transform.
You see the connection between your inner world and your outer world.
Every event in your life is being orchestrated by the entire Universe.
The Universe is thinking
I am creative because the Universe is creative
I am conscious because the Universe is conscious
I think because the Universe thinks
I Am, I Exist.
When you are out of harmony with universal rhythm you will get a feeling of discomfort; physical, mental or emotional.
When you are flowing in harmony with the universe, the signal that will come to you will be a sense of comfort, ease or joy.
Bring awareness into your body
Be alive in your body
Feel the presence of spirit in your body
Then you will inhabit the whole universe
It is letting go of judgment, resentment, or a claim against
another. It is an abundant act.
What is the purpose
It is unconditional love that absolves negative Karma and
frees us and others.
Some behaviours and attitudes that are governed by the EGO
and stops us in forgiving others:
- Holding judgment or anger toward another
- Inability to forgive yourself
- Blaming others and holding grudges
- Belief that if you forgive, you may lose control
- Desire to discredit, censure, accuse, or indict
- Belief that if you forgive, you were wrong
- You have feelings of fear, anger and resentment
We can use some of the following techniques to align us with
our Higher Self and to help us to forgive others:
- Breathe deeply, relax, and let the feeling go
- Allow the God force energy to flow through you
- Practise unconditional love
- Do not take another person’s words or actions
- Remain calm and balanced at all times.
Affirmations can also help us to practise forgiveness towards
- I forgive myself for…….
- I forgive ……. for …..
- I release all negative and limiting beliefs.
(Taken from the book : The Light Shall Set you Free by Dr.
Norma Milanovich & Dr. Shirley McCune)
What is Faith?
Faith is the trust and conviction in a belief for which
there is no proof.
What is the Purpose
Faith is the Confidence in the Universal Laws and the Divine
harmony of the universe.
To live happy and fulfilled live we need to build up our faith
daily. But then our ego gets in the way and become so very powerful that it can
prevent us from reaching our goals.
Some examples of where our ego intervenes are:
- Our need to control everything around us. Things
can happens in your life that you have no control over and learning to have
faith that things will get better or not bad, will make you a better, relaxing
- Materialism is another big problem that can
wreck our lives.
We do not trust that the universe will
provide for us, instead we gather as much money, food, clothes as we can.
Believe and trust in the Universe that you
will have enough.
Then there are also egotistical attitudes that can work
against our faith:
- You let your ego be in charge instead of your
- You fear and you dislike of what you receive. You
are not happy with what is given to you and you want more, better.
- You belief that you are unworthy.
- You have feelings of scepticism.
- You doubt everything and everyone.
- You are in denial.
- You show feelings of distrust.
- You are suspicious of people around you. You
cannot and do not want to just trust people.
- You question people’s goodwill.
- You feel rejected. You cannot open to people
around you. You feel unloved because others do not give you the love and
attention at a specific moment you want it.
- You have a general sense of fear – fear that you
will fail, fear to love and not get love in return, and fear of the unknown.
There are techniques where we can align with our Higher Self
to build up our faith – here are some examples:
- You need to overcome your fears and suspicions
and the way to do this is to anchor the Light within yourself on a daily basis.
- Mediation can also help you attain faith in
yourself and others.
- You need to recognize that there is a purpose in
Affirmations can help us to build up our faith. Here are two
that you may try, but there are many more – look them up and find one that will
- Let God’s will be done through me.
- I trust in God to show me the way.
Spend time in silence.
Take your attention off the world and tune into your soul.
Commune with your soul.
Feel you soul.
Being in the silence of your soul will connect you with your Source.
Everything in the Universe is alive,
The Earth, the stars, the milky way,
Other galaxies, and living organism.
The Universe is one gigantic living Being
This is a tribute to my mom, Sannie Van Zyl who passed away on the 30th September 2018. She will leave a big gap in our lives.
Mom, we are so sad that you left us – you will leave a big gap in our lives – we will miss you but we have all the good memories you left us with. Those of us that shared the last few days with you here on earth know that you have suffered a lot but now you are without pain and in a better place with God.
gave you so many talents and you used them all: I will remember you for:
- the beautiful toys you made
- your beautiful garden
- your lovely singing voice
Mom, I will
remember your kind nature and your Christian way of life. You were always such
a positive person (sometimes too positive for your own good), always smiled and
ready to give a helping hand to anyone in need.
May you rest in peace.